Thursday, January 25, 2007

And Don't Forget the Neck Protector

The Left wants to apologize for everything, even in Australia. Tim Blair notes:

An email currently puking its way around a Sydney university:

Hi there.

You may have heard that Google intends to take high resolution photos of Sydney on Australia Day as part of its Google Earth project.

We think it's a great opportunity for a bit of activism.

We'll be chalking up the word "Sorry" in a bunch of places that are clearly visible from Google's plane. Given our record on Aboriginal human rights, Iraq, Kyoto, East Timor's Oil, &c. we have plenty to apologise for.


Commentary

Dear activist:

Hi there,

Please tell me where I can purchase one substantial coil of hangman's noose, of execution quality, which I can use to string myself up. Having shamed and degraded myself in every way possible and nearly starved myself by exclusive reliance on the comestibles for sale at the Cooperative, I find my residual guilt essentially unchanged. I've converted to Islam and engaged in every sort of unconventional sex, including that proscribed by Islam (which I somehow feel they will understand); even taken to wearing my socks and underwear three weeks in a row without change, the better to reduce my impact on the Planet, all without relief from my feeling of malaise.

At one point I was even tempted to apply for a job but stopped short of going to work after I realised that it meant having to use products manufactured by Americans and Australians. Now I realise that death is preferable. I would have been a suicide bomber but lack of funds means I will be stretched (pardon the pun) to simply get the rope.

I'll be tying a sign with the word "Sorry" to my shoes in a way that will be clearly visible to my parents when they find my corpse. Given my record in life, I have plenty to apologise for.

8 Comments:

Blogger allen said...

Speaking of “soft” measures for dealing with resurgent-Islam:

US Money Paves Saddam Hussein Street in PA Village

Softly sniffling

1/25/2007 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger Cosmo said...

In place of contrived acts of contrition for sins the Left perceives its enemies have committed, I'd like to see the Left apologize for its own sins. To wit, a heartbreaking record of tyranny and misery, unmatched in human history, whenever and wherever it has obtained power.

Seems that would keep them busy for a while.

1/25/2007 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger buddy larsen said...

ha--the jokes on them--nobody will be able to read their "sorry" --it'll be upside down.

1/25/2007 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger jaymaster said...

Grab some wooden planks, or better, if you have the area and the resources, some sheets of plywood. You’re going to make some letters.

10 foot tall is the minimum. Go for 24 foot tall with the plywood, space things proportionately, and you will surely not be missed.

Find a reasonably flat area, with a surface that provides nice contrast with the wood. Green grass is ideal.

Place the wood up on some bricks or blocks, about a foot high. The idea here is to create a nice little shadow on the sides.

Now arrange the planks to spell out “SEMPER FI”.

If Google censors that, you’ll have a real story…..

1/25/2007 06:54:00 PM  
Blogger Mr.Atos said...

This is what it comes to, then. Order apologizing to Chaos for attempting to depose Entropy for a short time. Major Mike wrote this week at Townhall,

"I think I’ll discourage my nephews from entering the service. And the rest of the warrior class should withhold its volunteer services until the chuckleheads in Congress can come to take the world, and its many difficult issues seriously, an not politically. We should hide our families, and time the birth of our children, as Pelosi suggests, so that we never have to support the defense of this nation, nor take any personal risks in its defense. We should take our chances with a draft lottery rather than volunteering for the services. And we should stand idly by as 535 politikers sell this nation’s future short for fifteen more minutes of fame and celebrity."

Given his treatment by his Congressional Representation, and the manner of people he now realizes he had to defend - the grotesque little atavists that are the benefactors of his service - I can understand why a proud veteran like Mike might wish to apologize for every having offered service standing to the defense on the frontiers of chaos of creatures the likes of which conceived that 'Sorry' idea.


http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/MichaelMcBride

http://mysandmen.blogspot.com/2007/01/killing-all-volunteer-force.html

1/26/2007 06:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice 3 pointer Buddy!

1/26/2007 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger buddy larsen said...

"the grotesque little atavists that are the benefactors of his service"

Mother Sheehan: "This country is not worth fighting for."

Yep--at some percentage of the whole (55%? 80%?), these people will in fact make the country, as a whole, unworthy of sacrifice. But then conservatives will look to the future, and will act on a hope for better times.

(jrod--thanks--that one was a stretch)

1/26/2007 08:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Id-worship of the nihilists.

Funny thing about nihilists, they never take their own advice. Damn shame that.

1/26/2007 07:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger